On hot days you may not feel like eating much for breakfast, but this healthy bounty thick shake recipe is really simple, easy and quick to throw together. It’s perfect for summer mornings or anytime of year you fancy it and best of all its actually good for you!
What you’ll need
- Nutri Ninja (or similar blender, see notes)
- Half of a frozen avocado (Tesco offer frozen avo already cut in half for you)
- 1 medjool date
- 1-2 tsp cocoa/cacao powder (depending on how chocolatey you want it)
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp oats
- Enough Milk to cover the ingredients (or milk substitute)
- Water to loosen up the thick shake as needed
- Put all the ingredients in the blender cup, cover the dry ingredients with milk and add any water you feel you may need.
- I use my Nutri Ninjas Ultra Blend setting and let it do its magic!
- This makes a super, super thick shake so grab a spoon and eat it straight out of the cup!
- To make the shake less thick just keep adding water. I personally like to eat my shake with a spoon though!
- I’ve only ever done this recipe in my Nutri Ninja, if using a different blender use whichever setting will get through the avocado. I would highly recommend this Nutri ninja though, I’ve used mine daily for almost 2 years now and it still makes the smoothest smoothies in my opinion!
[amazon_link asins=’B00QB7G10Y’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’666140090055′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’b61014e6-5657-11e7-bc92-5be2d767b0bf’]
- If you can’t get hold of frozen avocado try frozen banana instead (another great way to use up your leftover bananas).
- If you don’t want such a thick shake you could also swap frozen avocado for a regular avocado, remember to add in a handful of ice cubes to make it cool though.
- Any milk substitute will work for this recipe, coconut milk would work really well and add to the coconut flavour.
- This shake is a full breakfast, you have just about everything in there to make it a perfect balance.
I think that this thick shake has to be my favourite breakfast for hot summer days! Please let me know if you try this recipe and what you thought in the comments.