We always have brown bananas in the house and I hate wasting food so most weekends I whip up this quick easy banana cake.
quick easy banana cake recipe
This recipe just happens to be completely dairy free, vegan and only requires 4 ingredients (plus water). It’s crazy quick and easy to make and I tend to throw it all together while I have the oven on for a roast dinner on a Sunday.
What you’ll need
- 4 bananas – Mine are usually very black and mushy
- 2 cups plain flour – We sometimes use wholemeal, I use cups as I find it easier to measure with.
- 1tsp baking soda.
- 1/4 cup oil – I just use whatever I have in the cupboard, usually sunflower.
- 1/4 cup water – maybe more if the mixture is a little thick.
- Tin/baking dish – I sometimes make this into a small loaf and other times I just make a tray bake to cut into squares. I use a baking dish the same size as this one here.
- Mash up your bananas until they resemble slime, I usually use a potato masher but a fork would also work well.
- Add in your flour, baking soda, oil and water.
- Mix it all up. If the mixture is a little dry add in a little more oil and water.
- Pop it in a baking dish or loaf tin.
- Bake at around 180 degrees for around 30 minutes.
***If you are making a loaf then it will probably need a little longer in the oven. If you are making a tray bake then it may not need as much time***
This banana cake always comes out perfectly and takes no time at all to do. The kids love this in their lunchboxes and it doesn’t tend to last long in this house.
If you love this recipe then check out all my other frugal recipes here: MorganMWoods Frugal Recipes.