Here are five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 29th June 2018
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 29th June 2018
- This week was meant to be a grocery spend free zone. Apart from picking up a few free ice creams and (maybe a couple of yellow stickers) we stuck to it. I think our overall spend on groceries this week was £6? Which covered essential fresh stuff and the yellow stickers. Throughout June I plan to decrease our grocery spend to help us pay for our second family holiday this year.
- On Saturday I really couldn’t be bothered to cook but I also didn’t want to spend money on a takeaway. So instead we got an Indian meal box from Tesco again. I enjoy this just as much as a takeaway and they only cost £5! We didn’t include this in the grocery budget as we have separate fun money for takeaways and fun stuff.
- It’s payday this weekend so I’ve put loads of our unwanted stuff on eBay ready to be sold. I’m hoping to make a good few sales this weekend to go towards our next holiday.
- I picked up some free Magnum ice creams from Clicksnap this week which tasted great after a long hot day.
- Topcashback also had a deal on their app for £1.50 cashback on any ice lollies. So I picked up 2 boxes of 8 rocket lollies at £1 each for the kids. This meant that for 16 ice lollies it worked out at just 50p altogether.
I’m using the motivation of going on our next holiday to keep up the money saving and it’s working. I’m budgeting a very tight month for July and all the spare cash will be going towards the holiday fund.