Here is five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 24th August 2018.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 24th August 2018
- I reduced this months food budget to save a little extra to go towards holiday spending money. Which ended up meaning that the last week has been a no spend week on groceries. We went through our cupboards, fridge and freezer to eat up what we already had in. We had plenty in and I’m actually glad I didn’t bother buying anything this week.
- Another week another survey payout (or 2). This week they were from Pinecone Research and Branded Surveys, so that’s a bit more toward my goal of £100 in Christmas savings this month.
- I made blackberry and crab apple jam with blackberries I found in the freezer from last year and crab apples from our tree. The kids love this jam so much and apart from the sugar added in, it’s practically free to make.
- We seem to be wasting a lot of the ends of our loaves of bread at the moment which I hate. I’ve been freezing them, mainly for breadcrumbs but this week my little boy made some ‘bread crust pizzas’. Just top the crusts with tomato puree, cheese and whatever toppings you have available. My little boy chose leftover roast gammon and peppers. It’s a great way to get the kids in the kitchen and occupied this summer holiday.
- We went and got school clothes this week from Tesco. I had a coupon for £5 off over £25 on school wear, considering we needed practically everything this wasn’t difficult to achieve.
I’m now about £20 away from my Christmas savings target for this month and it’s all come from surveys so far. I’m really pleased that we managed to eat up out of the kitchen this week and didn’t need to buy any groceries. We don’t even feel like we’ve gone without so it was definitely time for a kitchen eat up anyway. It also means we have a little more spending money for our next holiday.