Here are my five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 22nd June 2018
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 22nd June 2018
- My son had a school trip and got back late to school this week. So to make the most of the time we had, my daughter and I went for a Greggs snack date and did a bit of sourcing for eBay. I had some leftover credit on my Greggs app from a previous trip so we didn’t pay anything on the day.
- While I was in town I decided to pop into Morissons to use the £5 more card voucher I had. It was the perfect time for yellow stickers and we ended up paying 70p for food worth a lot more.
- I did an online food shop because we had run out of stuff I like to bulk buy this week. Our little local stores don’t have as good offers on these things usually. I shopped at Tesco online and picked up a couple of yogurts for free using coupon codes.
- We had a rare childfree night last weekend where we would usually go out for a meal or get a takeaway. We were both really tired so opted for a night in. Instead of the takeaway we got a £5 Indian meal box from Tesco and watched a film on Sky. It was really good to relax without interruptions and it only cost us £5. I also managed to find a couple of free ciders on Checkoutsmart.
- We got some free granola cereal from Shopmium while we were picking up our ‘fakeaway’. I love having granola with yogurt for breakfast so this was a nice treat.
It was so good to relax this week without spending an absolute fortune on food, drink and films. We were both too tired to go out and do something so we just made the most of the peace and quiet at home.