Here is five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 17th August 2018.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 17th August 2018
- I had another pay out from Branded Surveys and Prolific Academic this week to add to my Christmas and Birthday savings. I’m now aiming to add in £100 every month from surveys to cover all birthdays and Christmas gifts. This will be used as sinking funds.
- Whatusersdo sent out some payments this week so this went into our home fund (to buy our house) along with some personal eBay sales.
- While the kids are off school (eating everything in sight) I decided to book in a mystery shop for a free lunch.
- This week I went through all my unused toiletries, makeup and skincare which have been lurking in my drawers for a good year or so now. I made a pile of stuff to sell on eBay and got them listed. Any money from these sales will go in our home fund.
- The products that I haven’t put on eBay have gone back in the drawer with the promise to myself that I will not buy any new items until they have all been used up. This should save some money on body washes, moisturisers and skin care for the next few months.
It felt good to have a bit of a declutter this week. I always feel so much better when I’ve organised things and got rid of unwanted stuff. I think next week I will continue to declutter and sell what we no longer want anymore. Less clutter and more money for our home fund so it’s win win.