Five fabulously frugal things time is upon us again, here are the frugal things I’ve been up to this week.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- This week the Cheltenham festival took place meaning I stepped up my matched betting game.
- A couple of weeks ago I batch cooked a bacon, leek and mushroom pie filling in the slow cooker to go in the freezer. I also made double quantity of pastry and froze that as well so this week we had a super quick pie.
- I finally cashed in my Shoppix rewards. £20 straight into PayPal from just snapping pictures of my receipts is a winner.
- This week I’ve continued to make my own bread in the bread maker. I’ve been using free flour we rescued from going in the bin at a nearby wholesalers.
- Tesco had whole large chickens half price last week so I added one to our weekly shop. I cooked a roast chicken dinner on Sunday with it. Then I used the leftover chicken to make a huge batch of curry for another meal (or two). The leftover carcass was made into chicken stock in the slow cooker.
I’m really pleased with my Cheltenham profits this week, I haven’t worked out the exact total profit just yet but I know it’s a good amount. It’s definitely a much needed boost to our income alongside the Shoppix rewards.