Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I went on a hunt to find some good yoga videos and found some free on Amazon Prime. The videos are actually pretty good and considering I was willing to pay for them I’m really happy that they’re free for me.
- In a bid to eat better and get more variety in my diet I decided to make my own falafel to have in place of meatballs with spaghetti. They turned out to be delicious, I will definitely make them again.
- To go alongside the falafel I also made my own balsamic roasted veg pasta sauce. I actually roasted the veg and added it to a tomato sauce (normally I wouldn’t faff around). We love the shop bought roasted veg sauces but never find they have enough veg in for my liking. I also don’t like that they put way too much salt in the sauces either. For these reasons I decided to make my own, it worked out a lot cheaper too!
- I sat down and re worked my budget this week. Making my own money means I have to constantly adjust the budget to suit. Budgeting helps us save large amounts of money and still enjoy life at the same time.
- This week while the kids were home we spent a total of £0. We’ve just chilled out around the house, gone for a few walks and cooked together. The kids are at an age now where it is a luxury to have them home like this as they’re always at school/after school clubs/with friends etc. So when they are home like this it’s just nice to not be busy for once.
I’ve taken this week entirely off working while the kids have been off school and it’s been really nice to just chill with them. Although I have really missed working towards my goals and I’ll be glad to get back to everything next week. I’ve got some big savings goals as well as business and side hustle goals that I can’t wait to achieve this year.