Here is five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 10th August 2018.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 10th August 2018
- I’ve been using Plum to skim my bank account each week. It’s going really well actually, I’m surprised that I don’t even notice the money that’s been automatically saved for me.
- A few weeks a go I mentioned that I google ‘Tesco coupon codes’ when I do my online shopping. This week I got a free bag of walkers sensations and a bottle of Comfort Perfume Deluxe fabric softener for £1.50.
- I’ve been getting back into cooking from scratch again and this week I made these delicious flatbreads. We had them for tea with leftover roast chicken and salad to make a kind of kebab/wrap style meal. There was enough leftover to have for lunch the next day, we can’t get enough of them.
- We have planned another fakeaway night on Saturday so we have a £4 Indian meal for 2 from Tesco in the fridge ready to go. We really enjoy these meals just as much as a takeaway and they’re so easy just to chuck in the microwave it’s actually on our plates quicker than ordering a meal.
- It was my mums birthday on Monday and for obvious reasons I couldn’t mention what I had got her last week. But I actually managed to get her favourite perfume for £28 instead of £48 from Superdrug.
I’m loving watching my savings grow with Plum right now without feeling the pinch at all. I think this money will go towards our home fund. I have definitely been getting in the kitchen more to cook from scratch recently and I feel so much better for it! Not only does it save us so much money but it’s so much more healthy as well.