I can’t believe we are in September already, it’s almost back to school time and only 4 months until Christmas! Yay! This week has been a bit crazy starting with the bank holiday, bank holidays always throw me off course. I think it’s because my partner has time off (he usually always works) and I just want to spend all my time with him and the kids. We still managed to spend very little this week despite the bank holiday so… Here are my Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 1st September 2017.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- Instead of spending money on days out over the bank holiday weekend we chose to visit family instead. In fact I actually prefer visiting family to expensive days out usually. We had a lovely weekend and got to catch up with everyone. All it cost us was the diesel to get there and back.
- I like to make the most out of the food we eat especially meat! I cooked a roast chicken dinner on Tuesday, the leftover chicken was then made into a curry on Wednesday night and a risotto Thursday night. The leftover chicken carcass was then used to make slow cooker chicken stock over night.
- We had a rare child free night this week but instead of ordering a takeaway my partner cooked my favourite beef stroganoff. In my opinion its way better than a takeaway and I didn’t have to cook!
- The play park has been the kids free entertainment this week.
- We had loads of scraps of bread in our freezer so I made a bread and butter pudding while the oven was on for our roast dinner.
I will be sad to see the kids go back to school next week (I think) but I am really looking forward to being able to think straight and drink hot coffee! Overall this summer holiday has been a frugal success, we have done so much on our tight budget. How frugal has your week been?