This is Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week for the 19th January 2018. No spend week hasn’t gone quite so well this week but sometimes these things can’t be helped. We are all human after all.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I used Shopmium to get a free kids toothbrush and some free noodles.
- Most of this weeks food has consisted of slow cooker meals. I love getting tea in the slow cooker and sorted early on in the day especially when my days are crazy busy like they are right now. This saves us money because it prevents us falling back on a takeaway when we’re tired at the end of the day.
- Okay so this week we cracked. We’ve all felt so run down and needed a bit of a break from cooking, we talked about getting a takeaway. Instead we chose to buy some takeaway style pizzas from Tesco reduced from £5 to £4.50 at the moment. It worked out so much cheaper than a Dominoes and provided a delicious stress free yummy tea!
- I cashed in a £50 cheque from surveys this week.
- I was quite lucky to pick up some more yellow stickered veg this week and a few packs of 6 part baked rolls for 19p. I’ve also picked up so many reduced avocados recently which is great as I love avocado on toast for a quick lunch or breakfast.
My daughter was in desperate need of some new clothes this week which ended up breaking our no spend month. The cheque from surveys helped with the costs though and between Primark, River Island and Tesco she only cost me £40 which I was quite happy with. We discovered that Primark do a fantastic range of sports clothes for kids right now which we loved (she loves to run so this was right up her street). All in all I don’t think we did too bad spending wise and we only stuck to what she needed.