I’ve felt so poorly this week hence the delay in this post going live, but it has still been an exciting frugal week! So this is my (late) Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- We had a glut of green tomatoes that just weren’t turning red for us, so I made green tomato chutney with them.
- A few months ago I picked up some New Covent Garden soup coupons for £1 off. The bigger cartons of soup were reduced to £1.17 in Tesco so I picked up a couple of 700g cartons for 17p each.
- I eBayed some more junk from the house ready for the influx of toys at Christmas.
- This week we had a freezer eat up night for tea while I didn’t particularly feel like cooking dinner. It saved some money, got rid of some things out of the freezer and was super easy.
- We managed to have a ton of leftover milk from last weekend, I don’t drink milk and the rest of the family only eat breakfast at home on the weekend. So as it was almost at that sour stage I turned it into yogurt using my Easiyo and leftover greek yogurt.
Although this week I’ve felt terrible I realised that sometimes money saving means just sitting back with what you already have & not worrying about doing any more. It has encouraged me to set a reduced grocery spend this month and use up what we already have at home. This month I will be aiming for a target of £100 grocery spend including toiletries. I also decided to eat more plant based foods and have started excluding meat from my diet in a bid to feel more energised. So far its really helped (last Sunday I actually went running at 7am)!