It’s time for Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week again. The kids went back to school and I had some peace & quiet to get plenty of work done so it’s been a productive week. I love having the kids at home with me but I hate to fall behind on work.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I did one bigger shop this week instead of a couple of smaller ones, mainly due to not having a lot of time this week. But this worked in my advantage as although I only got a few yellow stickers I could really work the cashback deals that were available. Using a combination of Shopmium, Greenjinn and Topcashback apps I managed to save around £6.85 with cashback.
- I also used some Tesco coupons (from their magazine & ones they sent me in the post) and made use of the brand guarantee saving an extra £1.20.
- We had brown bananas which meant I made a banana cake. This is such an easy cake to make and cuts into perfect lunchbox sized pieces.
- I picked up 4 easter eggs for free thanks to Tesco and Topcashback. Tesco currently have an offer on easter eggs buy 2 get 2 free so this works out at £3 for 4. Then Topcashback Snap & Save have £3 cashback on easter eggs making all 4 eggs free.
- We ran out of bread this week so I got the bread maker out and made a loaf. I hadn’t used the bread maker in over a year but it’s back in the kitchen making fresh bread. I forgot why I stopped using it now as it literally take minutes throw in all the ingredients and after a few hours you have a fresh loaf. We also discovered that it uses hardy any electricity! This is the one that I use.
I’m really pleased with our overall savings on our groceries this week. I managed to save around £10 in total including the yellow stickers I found. I actually found organic lemons yellow stickered to 40p. So I will be making some lemon curd and maybe a lemon drizzle cake for the weekend. Digging out the bread maker was a good move too. I have a feeling it will be put to good use most days again now.