The summer holidays are finally here and I honestly can’t wait to spend 6 weeks with my two! We will have so much more time to do what we want and we have some fun frugal things planned. This week my mood has been so much better and I’m feeling a lot more positive so here is my… Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 21st July 2017 post.
FIVE FABULOUSLY FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE THIS WEEK
- I filled our freezer up with yellow stickers.- Another yellow sticker haul on Tuesday has filled up our freezer for a good few weeks. I actually used up the leftover grocery budget this month on all the items. So that means no more grocery shops until next month! We have plenty in the pantry, fridge and freezer so this should be no problem for us.
- I got back into surveys.- This week I signed up to lots more survey sites and plan to do surveys each day for around an hour at a time. I’m not sure what I’ll put this extra survey money towards just yet. It might go towards Christmas savings or something bigger. I will be updating the blog on all of the new survey sites I’m now using.
- I downloaded Sweatcoin.- I walk a fair bit everyday either on the school run, grocery shopping or doing other mum type things. Sweatcoin enables me to earn coins for the walking I would usually be doing anyway and just runs in the background on my phone. Read my review here.
- I made homemade bread.- I made a lasagne on thursday night and we usually have garlic bread to go with it. This week I chose to make it from scratch. I used some magic dough that I keep in the fridge and made 2 garlic baguette, one went in the freezer and we had one with our meal. It was really yummy and much better than shop bought.
- We chose NOT to buy kitchen items.- On Monday my other half had a very rare day off so we decided to go bargain hunting. We saw a steamer, grill and microwave and admittedly we do need a microwave right now. But we chose to leave it and see if we could get the items cheaper elsewhere. It turns out all the items are actually cheaper on Amazon anyway, so it was a good call.
I’m so glad my mood has been more positive this week and I’m feeling so much better health wise. A day off on Monday and lunch out was definitely much needed! I’m ready and looking forward to the next 6 weeks with the children. Feel free to check out my Instagram to keep updated on what frugal fun things we get up to.