This week we’ve fully thrown ourselves back into the school routine of frugal packed lunches and school runs. With the autumnal days getting cooler, Halloween and Christmas feel like they’re just around the corner now. I love this time of year! Here are my five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 15th September 2017.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I found some Dream milk coupons worth £6. There were 4 coupons at £1.50 each, Dream milk was on offer in Tesco at £1 so I got £2 off the rest of my shop.
- Between myself and my partner we picked up quite a few receipts this week. They earned me some more points on Shoppix and Receipt hog.
- Since having our new smart meter installed I made it my mission this week to reduce our electricity costs as much as possible. I’ve emailed our electricity company to put us on a more cost-effective plan.
- We had some mushy bananas so I made banana bread for everyone’s lunch boxes and snacks.
- I cooked a roast chicken on Sunday which also made chicken stew, chicken curry, chicken soup and fresh stock.
I think my favourite frugal win this week was finding the Dream milk coupons and then finding the milk on offer for £1! It seems like the weather has just turned this week and it now feels very autumn/wintery. So hearty stews and soups seemed like the perfect frugal food. I am determined not to put the heating on yet, so our house is full of chunky blankets and we are layering up in the evenings.
I would love to know what everyone else’s frugal tips for keeping warm are! Are you layering up with blankets?