We are almost through with the first week of the school holidays. Its been a fun but very busy week, lots of exciting things have happened! My daughter (after months of pestering) finally got her ears pierced, and she actually handled the pain really well. We have done a fair bit of baking this week as well as my daughter starting to get her own blog up and running. Here is my… Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 28th July 2017 post.
FIVE FABULOUSLY FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE THIS WEEK
- We made homemade garlic bread.- We had spaghetti Bolognese this week which is one of our favourites, and we love garlic bread to go with it. We usually grab a shop bought garlic bread but as I ran out of shopping budget last week I was left with the option of making my own. It was delicious, I doubt I’ll ever buy it again.
- I bagged a free sky movie.- Sky Movies were offering free box office movies, so I grabbed one. We will no doubt watch Beauty and the Beast this weekend!
- The kids have new school wear and I used a coupon code.- Tesco sent me a coupon for school wear about a week ago, I was going to order through them anyway so the coupon was an added bonus.
- I got free parking.- I went to pay for parking when a lovely lady offered me her ticket. She still had over an hour on it, which ended up being perfect.
- Birchbox had an offer on so I took them up on it.- Another great coupon code I found this week was on Birchbox, instead of 1 box for £10 I will be getting 2! I’m really excited as I haven’t treated myself in ages. I also picked up some cash back from Topcashback while ordering.
It’s been a great first week to the holiday. I feel I may need to become a lot more organised to keep up over the next 5 weeks though!! We will be heading off on our little break away next week which we are all really excited about. We got a really good deal on a cottage (my best friend booked it and she’s awesome!) I’m Determined to keep everyone occupied this holiday without breaking the budget.