This delicious flatbread recipe is so quick and easy to make you’ll wonder why you never made them before!
Delicious flatbread recipe, quick cheap and easy
We love making homemade kebabs with these flatbreads! Not only does it save us so much money by saving us from a takeaway, they’re also healthier too. We can use up anything we have leftover in the fridge or freezer to add to them. This recipe use no yeast and you should have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen.
I actually made these flatbreads yesterday and I made a double batch to use the leftovers as mini pizzas and sandwich wraps. We can’t get enough of them!
- 2 cups of self-raising flour (I used brown for added fibre)
- Pinch of salt for flavour (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of yogurt (I used soya yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (I used sunflower)
- Plain flour for dusting your surface
*You could also use 2 cups of plain flour mixed with 1 tablespoon of baking powder if you don’t have self-raising*
*If you don’t have yogurt in you could try milk (or dairy free milk) instead*
- Mix all the ingredients together with a dough hook. If you don’t have a dough hook just use a spoon until it forms a ball then use your hands to knead the dough until it’s soft and pliable. The dough should be soft but not sticky, if it’s sticky add some more flour.
- Pop your dough on a floured surface and cut into 8 sections. Roll each of these sections into a ball. One at a time roll out the balls of dough to around 5mm deep.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high and place a flatbread in the pan. It should only take between 1 and 2 minutes for the flatbread to start developing little bubbles on top. Flip over the flatbread and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Pop it on a plate, cover with a clean towel and continue with the rest of the flatbreads.