Here is this weeks five fabulously frugal things. It’s been the first week of the Easter break this week but we’ve done well not to blow the budget.
five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I got cat litter and [easyazon_link identifier=”B007X2ACX8″ locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”httpswwwf0c2b-21″ cart=”y” cloak=”y” localize=”y”]cat food[/easyazon_link] using Amazon subscribe and save. This meant I saved 5% off each of the items. These were both paid for using Amazon gift cards.
- I decided to batch cook a couple of our meals this week in the slow cooker. So we now have a freezer full of vegan stew & dumplings and curry ready for the nights we’re particularly busy.
- This week I requested a payout from Branded Surveys. This money will go straight into my ‘car fund’ to pay for all my yearly car expenses coming up over the next few weeks.
- Last year I really enjoyed growing our own veg in the garden so I have decided to do it again this year. I tend to choose simple things such as potatoes, courgettes and beans to grow. I have all the seeds ready to go, they just need planting. This saves us a fair bit of money through the summer and fresh veg always taste so much nicer.
- So far while the kids have been on their Easter break we have only spent £26 on activities. Our rainy days included lots of colouring in with free colour in printables and visiting family. When the suns out both of them are happy to go to the park with friends or play in the garden.
This week my car had its MOT and it passed first time so I’m really pleased about that. My car insurance renewal came through a lot cheaper than I was expecting too so I have actually over budgeted for all my yearly car expenses. That’s a serious win in my opinion.