Here is five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 3rd August 2018.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 3rd August 2018
- I withdrew another £39 from surveys sites this week. £29 was from Branded surveys and £10 from Pinecone Research. This money is going straight into my Christmas savings.
- I also withdrew £500 from my matched betting pot ready to pay for back to school stuff like lunch boxes, school shoes and school uniforms. Whatever is leftover is going to go towards our holiday spending money.
- Bananas are currently on offer at 49p for a bag in Tesco so we baked this delicious vegan banana cake. We all love banana cake in this house so this made a great snack for everyone.
- We’re really lucky to have a pear tree in our garden which produces lots of pears each year. I tend to pick them before they’re ripe so the squirrels and birds don’t eat them all and then I turn them into pear pickle. Even though this makes 20 odd jars of pear pickle they all seem to go really quickly so we’ve been looking forward to this since we ran out.
- The personal eBay selling is going really well, I sold an old dress on there for £10 this week.
The first week of the summer holiday hasn’t cost us as much as I was expecting, we’ve played board games, done some baking, played with the sprinkler and just generally chilled out. It’s just so nice not to have to rush around for the school run each morning.