Here is five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 27th July 2018
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 27th July 2018
- The kids are finally off for the summer holidays, yay! So I redeemed a gift card from Ipsos and bought [easyazon_link identifier=”B06XFKYLS4″ locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”httpswwwf0c2b-21″ cart=”y” cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”n”]this garden sprinkler[/easyazon_link]. We love it, and it’s a really reasonable price too.
- I’m growing beetroot in one of our raised beds so instead of buying a bag of salad I snipped off a few beetroot leaves to have with our dinner.
- With this heat we’ve been having I’ve been getting into buying those expensive ready-made fruit smoothies. I calculated how much I’d actually spent on them this month so I’ve decided to start make my own using the ingredients on the side of the bottle. So much cheaper and mine hasn’t been pasteurized so it’s that little bit better for you.
- I’ve been a bit lazy in the kitchen recently with the end of school term being so hectic and the weather being so hot. But this week I made tomato sauce for our pasta instead of using a jar.
- I made my second sale as an eBay reseller this week! I’ve still only got 28 listings but I am getting there slowly.
I’m glad the kids are now on their summer holidays and that I’m finally getting back to making my own stuff in the kitchen again. We have a plan to do some baking when this heat dies down a little so we can save money on the kids snacks. All they seem to do while their holiday is eat!