Here is the first Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week of 2018. It’s been a great week and now Christmas is over it’s back to frugality and saving money.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I set my financial goals for 2018. With some big goals in place I’m using them to spur me on and keep me frugal. I find with goals in place I’m more likely to stick to my budget and not spend on unnecessary items.
- I picked up some free bread using the Shopmium app this week. If you don’t already know what Shopmium is check out my review here.
- It’s my sister’s birthday at the weekend, so Amazon gift cards earned from surveys paid for her gift.
- I picked up 2 10m rolls of wrapping paper for 50p each this week. I could have happily picked up some gorgeous gift bags that were reduced to just 25p but we really won’t need them next year. Reminding myself that it’s not a bargain unless you need it! We will reuse the gift bags we received this year for next years presents.
- I meal planned this week and will finish meal planning this weekend to prepare for a no spend January – February. We will be eating up out of the cupboards, fridge and freezer for (hopefully) 4 weeks. I couldn’t realistically start our no spend month until the kids had gone back to school and we had gotten a bit more back to normal. So I decided to start our four weeks mid way through January instead.
I’m looking forward to our 4 weeks of no spend on groceries, we do have some supermarket gift cards to fall back on if we need fresh stuff. Although I’m hoping that I can find time to make my own bread again now that the mad November/December rush has gone. Which will just leave fruit and veg to buy weekly when we run out of the fresh, dried, tinned and frozen we already have.