It’s five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week time again and this week has gone a lot better than last week.
five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I’m still making my own homemade bread for us instead of eating shop bought. We worked out that it costs us roughly the same as a cheap loaf (around 50p) to make a nice fresh loaf in the [easyazon_link identifier=”B004RTJWMC” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”httpswwwf0c2b-21″ cart=”y” cloak=”y” localize=”y”]bread maker[/easyazon_link]. The bread we make is so much more delicious and we can control the amount of salt, sugar etc goes into it.
- I had to make some Amazon purchases this week so I used some of the gift vouchers I’d earned from surveys. I got myself some [easyazon_link identifier=”B005WU8WQW” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”httpswwwf0c2b-21″ cart=”y” cloak=”y” localize=”y”]Tantita scales[/easyazon_link] which I’ve wanted for a while now (although my reading was quite shocking). I’m looking forward to turning my health around and getting fit again.
- I’ve had a nice trickle of surveys this week from Populuslive and Pinecone Research. My earnings are going towards my car expenses this and next month. It just so happens that my MOT, service, Tax and insurance all happen within a few weeks of each other.
- I did my Tesco shop online this week and we needed a lot but I did manage to get a free tube of Primlua using a coupon code they currently have.
- We made our yummy chocolate oaty bars again this week for the kids to take as snacks at school. Just a cheap recipe and not entirely bad for you either, I need to get the recipe up on here soon! These bars are so much cheaper than shop bought bars and you can see exactly what’s gone in them.
This week has gone a lot better than last week mood wise and I’m feeling so much better. My car expenses so far haven’t been as bad as I budgeted for which is great. Any leftover car savings will go straight into our house fund. I’m loving making my own bread at the moment, I think I’ve pretty much perfected making bread in the bread maker now. It tastes so much nicer than shop bought.