This weeks Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week post is a little later than I had planned but as they say better late than never. So here is Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- Last Friday was my partners birthday so instead of buying him an expensive cake, I made him a lemon drizzle birthday cake. It’s one of his favourites and we all really enjoyed it.
- This week we ate up what was already in our fridge, freezer and pantry. We’ve had meals such as Singapore rice noodles, with a few adjustments to suit what we had. Veggie bolognaise made with lentils and chicken and sweet potato curry with rice.
- I redeemed some more survey earnings for amazon gift vouchers, so they will pay for my son’s birthday.
- I started training for my new job this week so I took a frugal lunchbox for the day instead of buying.
- We came close to grabbing a takeaway this week. It’s been one of those busy weeks where we we’re all feeling under the weather with colds. I chucked some fish fingers and other freezer bits in the oven before anyone had chance to argue with me! The takeaway was avoided.
This week has felt super busy. I’ve had endless errands and work to get done (not that I’m complaining I love being busy). The training for my new job is going well so far and I’m really looking forward to going back on Monday. Working from home has provided some awesome earnings each month so far. And now I’m looking forward to having a regular income as well as my income from home. It will be good to meet some new people and learn new things.