The weather definitely turned chilly this week. We’ve had the wood burner on once or twice in the evenings as well as cosying up with hot water bottles and blankets. It’s that time of week again so here is Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- The Topcashback trick or treat giveaway came back this week so I’ve been playing along. It only takes a few minutes to check the daily clue to find my treat and I’ve already won 25p!
- We made some draught excluders this week with some old socks, an old pillow and an opened packet of popcorn kernels I found in the pantry. They don’t look amazing but they do keep the draught out from under our front door!
- Tesco sent me another coupon for £5 off £50 spend, so I picked up 2 weeks worth of groceries for £45. While I was shopping I also picked up some freebies from shopmium and checkoutsmart. As well as some bargains from Topcashback groceries app.
- I hit my payout goal on Prolific academic and as I’ve already saved up for Christmas this year the money will be going towards our home fund.
- I made slow cooker jacket potatoes again this week. They’re so easy to pop in and cook while I’m busy doing other things that may become a weekly occurrence.
This months £100 grocery budget is all spent up so next week will mean meal planning around what we already have in our cupboards, fridge and freezer. I’m really pleased to hit another survey payout goal this week, I seem to be averaging one payout a week at the moment which is all nicely building up. I will be looking out for some more freebies and coupons this week to prepare for next months grocery budget.