Its Five fabulously frugal things time again and this week has been a bad mental health week! I find that when my mental health takes a hit my spending can become affected although I’ve done my best this week to not let that happen. So here are 5 frugal ways I’ve made myself feel a little better this week.
Five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- I made my own tortilla wraps for 1p each this week which we filled with lots of salad and homemade hummus. I’ve tried to pack in as much fruit and veg this week to keep my body healthy. I find that if I’ve been eating the wrong things it makes me feel rubbish mentally.
- When I’m having a bad time however I always crave sugary stuff so I made some chocolate oaty bars for snacks. They are also great for the kids lunch boxes and they’re a yummy, cheap comfort food that aren’t too bad for you either.
- Working out also helps boost my mood so I’ve been following Fitin5 which is free on Sky.
- I took an extra long hair wash shower. I much prefer a shower to baths and I find nothing as relaxing as taking my time washing my hair.
- This week I took a slight step back from work and focussed on easy money making instead. I did some surveys which I find easy and tested a couple of websites with whatusersdo. I also put on a couple of easy matched bets and got cashback where possible. I’m hoping that this break from things will help me recharge.
On weeks like this I’m so grateful that I work for myself. I was able to take a step back and just do what I wanted which meant my stress levels instantly came down.