This is the last Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week before Christmas so it is very festive. It is Christmas so we haven’t been as frugal as usual but I have still made cut backs where we felt best.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week
- Any last minute gift cards were rounded up from survey sites and Shoppix this week. This meant I could pick up a few last gifts on Amazon.
- I checked and used up all of our Christmas budget. It was so nice this year to have saved up earlier in the year for Christmas and it’s taken some of the worrying out of paying for things.
- Last month I signed up to Tesco delivery saver (paid for with doubled up Clubcard vouchers). Which meant I had early access to free delivery slots over Christmas this year. So our entire Christmas food shop was ordered and delivered to our house without having to go out!
- We made a massive batch of mince pies which worked out so much cheaper than buying them ready made. A massive jar of mincemeat cost £1.50 and pastry was made with items we already had in the cupboard. We made approx 30 mince pies (we will freeze some and share them with family) for around £2 compared to most supermarkets £1 for 6.
- This is such a small one but still saved us money nonetheless. We switched up our usual Cheeselets for a 250g bag of Tesco own cheese savoury snacks for 85p. We have double the amount of cheese snacks for a lot less of the cost.
I can’t believe we are just 3 sleeps till Christmas now! I’m super excited to see the children’s faces on Christmas morning while they find out what Santa brought them. I hope you all have a fantastic fun filled Christmas!