In this recipe for chicken filo pie you will use the leftover chicken stew recipe as your mixture. This is basically just another way to serve your stew. You can make your pie as big or as little as you need by adjusting the portion of stew and the size of your dish.
This recipe came about after I found 2 packets of frozen filo pastry yellow stickered to 50p! I don’t tend to weigh/measure ingredients but do it more by eye.
- Leftover chicken stew recipe (enough to fit inside the dish you are using)
- Filo Pastry (Enough to cover the base of your dish and extra to scrunch up on top)
- Oil/melted butter (I used fry light spray)
- Start by oiling your baking dish, then layer 3/4 of your filo over the dish with some overhang.
- Next pop your chicken mix in the filo lined dish. Then start pulling the overhang over the mix until its all wrapped inside.
- Fill in any gaps on the top by scrunching up the remaining filo and popping it on top.