It’s time for five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week again. January has been and gone which I’m sure some of you will be glad of. I used last month to try and get back on track with savings goals and planning for the year ahead. This month those plans will be put into action.
five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week
- While I was doing a little top up shop this week to tide us over I managed to pick up a couple of bargains using the Topcashback groceries app. A small box of Lindor was £1 in Morrisons but with 75p cashback making it just 25p. A bag of Doritos was £1 on offer with 40p cashback so just 60p. I don’t usually buy these items but they’ve been put away for a time where we would need them.
- We really fancied a takeaway this week but I made a ‘fakeaway‘ instead.
- I bought some reusable sandwich bags from Amazon using a gift card earned from surveys. I’m hoping they last us well! I’ve been wanting to get some for a while now to reduce our waste each week.
- I’ve been taking part in Veganuary but my family haven’t so I still have to buy meat for them. I started getting complaints that there was no meat to eat in the house. I was lucky to find tons of yellow stickered meat while I was in Morrisons so although I was on a no spend week I topped the freezer up to stop the complaining.
- The 1st of February meant I wrote out my budget for the month. This really helps me see what I’m spending in a visual way, ever since budgeting every month I’ve been able to save money.
I was so excited to get these!😍 No more chucking away plastic sandwich bags from lunchboxes everyday feeling like a terrible person 🙈 I got these from Amazon (paid for with a gift card earned from surveys) #reusablebags #reusables #reusegram #reusable #savetheplanet #ecofriendly #frugalliving #frugalvegan #dontthrowitaway #ukblogger #bloggingbabes #bloggermum #pbloggers #mbloggers #snaphappybritmums #nowastewithin #frugalmum #mblogger #pbloggersuk #pblogger #bloggingmama
I’m glad that no spend month is finally over! I have to admit the cupboards are looking very bare which was the goal, I wanted to eat up all the stuff that had just been forgotten about. I can’t wait to fill them up again though and have more choice in our meals.