This week has been so busy for us as a family, but despite running my daughter about for extra rehearsals & the usual busy mum stuff. We’ve still saved lots of money on unnecessary expenses. Here is my Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 30th June 2017 post.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- My daughter needed some black trousers/leggings for her performance. The zip had broken on the only pair of black trousers she had. I managed to fix the zip with the help of a safety pin and they were good as new. That saved me buying an unnecessary pair of leggings/trousers for the time being.
- We’ve eaten all of our leftovers this week! I made enough beef stew (with yellow stickered braising steak) in the slow cooker for Sundays tea that we also had beef stew on Monday night as well. Leftover veg also went into a super frugal homemade quiche on Thursday night & we will be finishing that off for our tea tonight too. There was even leftover pastry to make jam (homemade jam) tarts for desert!
- We actually ran out of food budget this week so I had to get creative with food we already had. I made the kids homemade honey flapjacks to take to school for their snacks, instead of buying the usual easy supermarket packs. I popped the flapjacks in the oven the same time as the quiche so I only had the oven on once.
- On Monday I did a Mystery Shop which covered paying for some food & also earned me some extra cash. I have another Mystery shop booked in next week which will also cover things we actually need.
- On Wednesday I was super chuffed! I found a couple of pieces of rib eye steak yellow stickered to less than 1/2 the original price. I also had a £5 Morrisons More voucher which covered the majority of my mini food shop.
I’m really happy with how well we’ve actually done. I think the key this week has been organisation, busy times tend to be our least frugal. But this week we’ve proved we can stay consistent with our money saving goals despite running about here, there and everywhere. Meal planning has helped and also making double batches of meals for the following night.