We had an awesome time away in Sheffield last week on our little bargain trip away! The entire week away including accommodation and Bakewell tart gifts for family came to £210! As I missed last weeks Five Frugal things post (we were travelling home) I have included some of last weeks frugal things too.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I made a crabapple and blackberry jam with free crab apples and free blackberries. My lovely other half went blackberry picking and brought tons home, he brings me the best presents! We have a crabapple tree in our front garden so my daughter and I picked enough for our jam. We save our old jam jars so so all we paid for was the sugar and electricity to boil it all up.
- As the weather has been awful for the first half of the summer hols I thought the kids could do with some light rain coats. I found some really good ones on eBay reduced from £55 each to just £14! What a bargain! I also bought them one size bigger than they need so they can layer up underneath and they will last that little bit longer.
- While we were away in Sheffield I made our food wherever possible. I made packed lunches where we needed and we cooked our own dinner each night. We even took home cooked cookies and homemade bread to keep costs down.
- I made a Food shop order this week as we were running low on essentials and I didn’t fancy dragging the kids around the supermarket. With the help of a mix of coupons, cashback on Checkoutsmart and a couple of freebies from Tesco, I managed to get a £63 food shop for just £40.
- I cashed out another £20 of my survey earnings from Prolific this week to put towards our Christmas savings.
It was great to get away last week and although I still worked hard at money-saving I did ease up a bit and take a bit of a break. I came back home with the kids feeling refreshed and ready to get back to the side hustles. How did your week go?