Here is this weeks Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week. I’ve done a lot of Christmas shopping this week which was happily paid for out of my Christmas savings. So although not entirely frugal this week I have budgeted well and used money saving short cuts where possible.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I won again on the Topcashback xmas treats giveaway! This time it was 10p, Yay!
- I was really craving a chinese this week so satisfied my cravings by making my own fakeaway chow mein. Most of the ingredients were yellow stickered which was an added bonus. Overall a much cheaper meal.
- We ate up out of the cupboards, freezer and fridge instead of doing a big shop this week. This also made some much needed space in the kitchen ready for yummy Christmas foods. I did a mini top up shop for fresh stuff like fruit and veggies but that was it.
- I Picked up some hand cream in the body shop sale with 40% off! It’s the only stuff that keeps my hands from cracking during the winter months.
- All receipts from Christmas shopping got snapped into Shoppix and I hit my target of £10 worth of points before Christmas!
I honestly don’t know where December is going and I still feel totally unorganised although most of my Christmas shopping is now done. We just have our Christmas food shop to do which I can’t say I’m looking forward to! I’m really glad that I started saving and budgeting for Christmas back in June this year. With an increase in work commitments this year I don’t think I would have been able to stay sane without starting so early.