It’s time for this weeks five fabulously frugal things again. We’ve had a lovely week off school together spending time at the park and going on some nice autumn walks. I thought I would do this weeks post a little different and base it on all the frugal things we did this week while the kids were home. We unintentionally didn’t spend a lot at all!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- We went for walks around the local area. We’ve had some really lovely days this week so we though we would make the most of that.
- We visited the park daily. The park is something my 2 never get bored of! We visited parks within walking distance this week so no fuel costs.
- My partner and my daughter made a cake while I was at work this week. There aren’t many things that beat a homemade cake as walk through the door from work. My daughter loves to bake so this was one of her favourite activities.
- The kids picked some pumpkins (that was our only expense) and my partner carved them. They look awesome!
- We played board games together. This always starts us off giggling.
Our only real expense this week was the pumpkins, as I said already the frugalness of this week was totally unintentional. I let the children choose what they wanted to do and they chose to do these activities. We’ve had a really lovely week together with lots of giggles and silliness. The pumpkins do look great and I’ll definitely get my partner to carve them next year as he’s so much better at it than I am! I’m going to really miss the kids next week as we get back to school and after school clubs.