It’s Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week time again! This has been our first full week back at work and school and although the weather has been miserable it’s not been too bad.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week
- No spend grocery month has gone okay this week. I did have to pick up some fresh fruit and veg and kids toothpaste which came to just under £10 which is fine. I decided before I started my no spend month that fruit and veg were not going to be included in the no spend. A healthy balanced diet for my family is very important to me. So I will just buy what we need and look for yellow stickered items where possible.
- I got points back on my grocery receipt using Shoppix.
- The kids needed toothpaste this week and Shopmium currently have an offer with aqua fresh kids range. They’re offering 50% cashback on your purchase. I picked one up from Morrsions at £2 (as it’s our closest shop) although I know Wilko have this toothpaste for £1. So check it out for bargain kids toothpaste!
- Instead of buying a bunch of coriander I bought a coriander plant for the same price in Tesco. It will last me a lot longer and I now have fresh coriander whenever I need it. I bought the coriander to make a homemade rendang paste using other ingredients I had lurking around the kitchen.
- To keep me on track for another no spend week I have my meal plan all ready to go for next week.
No spend month is going okay, as I’ve already said fresh fruit and veg is very important to me so I will never sacrifice them. Instead I will only buy what we need and not waste any of it. And if I find a yellow stickered item from my list then that’s even better.