We have just one full week left of the summer holidays and I think I can speak for us all when I say we will all be glad to get back to normal! Here are Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 25th August 2017.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- Last weekend I went to meet my sister for a shopping day, neither of us wanted to spend anything but I did need some socks and basic tops. I took back a pair of converse I bought 4 months ago and never actually wore. Schuh are fab with refunds and offer a 365 day window to return unworn goods. I got my refund and spent my £45 on some new socks and a few basic t-shirts from H&M. While I was shopping my parking was effectively paid for by one of my money making apps. They sent me a notification to let me know I could earn some money by entering a shop. So all I actually paid for on the day was lunch.
- I picked up the kid’s school shoes from eBay. They were brand new Clarks shoes and overall I saved about £50 compared to buying them from Clarks.
- My mother in law sent us over a piece of pork to eat this week so I made the usual roast dinner and then used the pork up through the week. We had chinese pork, pork ragu with spaghetti and pork stew with dumplings.
- I made my own bread instead of doing a top up shop midweek.
- I brainstormed cheaper alternative lunchbox ideas with the kids for when they’re back at school. So far we are swapping Babybels for a chunk of Edam cheese & Making pittas instead of buying them. We also decided that bulk buying raisins and distributing into small pots works out much cheaper than buying little boxes!
I’m so pleased I managed to save money on the kid’s school shoes this year. I really like to get Clarks as they do last an entire school year but they are usually so expensive. As well as the coupon on school wear from Tesco this year we’ve managed to save a good £60 on everything they needed and still picked up some cash back.