It’s the last Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week of 2017! Our house is still very much in a festive state and we are all Christmassed out.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week
- I saved any ribbons off of gifts for next year. I now have a Christmas bits bag which contains all my recycled ribbons and bows as well as homemade gift tags the kids made.
- Our leftovers are all going to get eaten (or frozen where possible). We cooked gammon and chicken this year which we’ve used for salads, sandwiches, roast dinners etc. I have put the remainder of the cooked gammon chopped up in the freezer for another day.
- I did the grocery shopping online to reduce over spending this week. We didn’t need too much, it was mostly fresh fruit & veg and bread but with 2 kids and a hungry other half online is a much safer option to prevent over spending.
- I’ve avoided looking at the boxing day sales so far. I don’t need anything so I’m not going to even look!
- I’m beginning to plan for a ‘no spend’ January. We have a crazy amount of food in the cupboards and a few Tesco gift cards so fingers crossed it will be a no spend January for us.
Christmas hasn’t been without its challenges again this year, 3 people with anxiety and 1 person with autism makes for an interesting time to say the least. Nonetheless we all had a lovely time and are super grateful, we have all been really spoilt this year! I can’t believe how quick this year has gone, so much has happened and so many of our goals have been ticked off. It’s been a great year with lots of triumphs a few ups and some downs. This year I really hope to tick off our ‘big goal’ of buying a house (if the right house eventually comes up).
I hope you’ve all had a fantastic Christmas and enjoy your new year!