The children have gone back to school and the house now feels very calm and quiet throughout the day. We’ve had a lovely 6 weeks together but we are all ready to knuckle down and work hard towards our goals. Here are this weeks five fabulously frugal things I’ve done this week – 8th September 2017.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I cut my son’s hair myself instead of taking him to the barbers so he looked neat and tidy ready for school.
- We had our smart meter installed on Tuesday (I was really excited to start using the in home display). We can now see exactly what electricity we are using and when. So we will mostly be sitting in the dark this winter 😉 just kidding!
- I did a big online Tesco shop Monday as we were busy getting ready for back to school. I had another £9 off £60 spend plus I found a free Petit Filous coupon code. Shopmium also had an offer for free granola so I picked that up on my online shop too, overall I saved around £14.
- The kids and I made up some thrifty lucnhboxes ready for school after we brainstormed ideas.
- We don’t often have beef but I slow cooked a piece of brisket on Sunday to have as a roast dinner and it was delicious! We used the leftover to make another 3 meals… Rendang, beef stew and Korean fried rice.
I feel like we have a bit more normality this week as we are getting back into the routines of school etc. I can finally drink a hot cup of coffee YAY 🙂 although I am already missing the kids like mad! How has your frugal week been? Did you have any last-minute purchases for school? We forgot to buy new lunchboxes at the last minute!