We only have 2 1/2 weeks left of the summer holidays to go (not that I’m counting down or anything!) and it’s so far so good on the frugal front. So here is Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 18th August 2017.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I almost opted for a takeaway this week when we had a really hot day and I couldn’t be bothered to cook. But instead I chose to make a super quick pasta salad.
- I redeemed some more Amazon gift cards this week from a couple of survey sites. They will go towards my Christmas savings as most of our Christmas shopping goes to Amazon.
- I sold a shirt on Ebay. At Christmas I bought my other half a shirt but it just didn’t fit right on him so I popped the shirt on Ebay. It sold this week for not much less than I paid for it!
- I did my grocery shop online again this week. It’s so much easier to do online while the kids are home for the holiday. I managed to pick up some free ciders thanks to the Checkousmart app! The other half was very pleased when he came home.
- I’m getting into making my own pastry at the moment. It’s much cheaper than buying in and I can use less fat which is obviously better health wise. While the kids have been home I’ve been getting them baking lots of different treats such as sausage rolls, brownies etc. I find it kills 2 birds with 1 stone… they get to do a fun activity for a few hours and we save money on snack foods.
Although we all love the holidays and spending time together, the kids are starting to miss their daily routine of school. I will also be glad to be able to drink a hot cup of coffee during the day 😉 … How are the summer holidays going in your house? Do you wish they could stay forever or are you ready to get back to normal?